Before your wax:
- If you are worried about the pain during a wax, take pain relief (paracetamol) around 30-40 minutes before your appointment.
- To achieve the best & longer-lasting results, your hair should be at least 0.5cm or longer. If you have shaved the area within the last few weeks, it can take a couple of waxing sessions to bring your hair into a regular growth cycle (allowing for the most effective results – smooth and no hair!)
- Exfoliating before your appointment also helps you to achieve the most successful results.
After your wax:
- Immediately after your wax you may notice a bit of redness accompanied with heat on the area of the skin which was waxed. This usually disappears after a few hours.
- You want this area to remain as bacteria free as possible so avoid the following:
- Avoid hot showers for at least 24-48 hours.
- Avoid exercising or any activity that causes you to sweat for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid sunbathing for at least 12 hours.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, spa baths or saunas for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching the waxed area.
- Avoid any lotions, especially ones that contain fragrances and other lubricants as it can cause a burning sensation) for at least 24 hours.
A few days after your wax: (to prevent ingrown hairs) + it also makes your next wax quicker and less painful!
- Gently exfoliate using a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days.
- You can also use products like ‘Bump Eraiser’ to help with this process.
- Avoid shaving in between appointments.