Before your spray tan:
- Arrive with NO make-up and underarm deodorant on your skin.
- Shower & exfoliate well within 24-48 hours of your spray tan.
- Do not apply any moisturisers or fragrances after showering as these can form a barrier to the spray tan solution and will reduce the likeliness of an even spray tan.
- If you wax, make sure this is done at least 1-2 days before your tanning treatment (preferably 2 days).
- If you shave, make sure this is done 24 hours before your tanning treatment.
- Wear loose, dark clothes. This is to avoid your tan rubbing off onto your tight clothes, as your tan is still developing on your skin.
- Wear open-toed shoes/jandals.
After your spray tan:
- With ‘TechnoTan’ – wait 3 hours after your spray tan has been applied (unless otherwise indicated to leave on for a shorter or longer time). Do not leave on for any longer than
- Soap, shampoo and conditioners low in pH are ideal to conserve your tan. Avoiding sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) as this ingredient may remove the tan.
- Avoid any situation that is associated with water or sweat eg. no running or gym sessions until you have had your first initial shower.
- When you have your first initial shower, there will be a bronze colour that washes off your body. If you notice that your skin lightens during your first shower, don’t panic. This is just the bronzer washing away. The product will still develop on your skin over the next few hours.
How to extend the lifetime of your results:
- Moisturising will increase the longevity of the tan, and will help the tan to fade evenly to not become patchy.
- Avoid using abrasive skin washes/scrubs so that you do not strip away the tan.