Before your MASSAGE:
- Avoid eating a large meal at least 1 hour before your treatment.
- Make sure you have increased hydration at least 24 hours before your appointment.
After your MASSAGE:
- Hydrate. This is important. It helps the body to flush out any toxins that were released during the massage. Massage stimulates circulation. If you don’t hydrate it may lead to the experience of fatigue or headaches.
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine for at least 12 hours or so. Both alcohol and caffeine are dehydrating which means it will make it so much harder for your body to eliminate the toxins that have been moved about from the massage.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 12-24 hours after a massage.
- If you feel sore, sluggish or a headache coming on, they are signs that the muscle tenseness has been released and toxins are making their way out of your system. If you want to ease the soreness, soothe muscles with either an ice pack or a bath. Drink plenty of water.