Great! Amazing… so good!
Before your wax:
- If you are worried about the pain during a wax, take pain relief (paracetamol) around 30-40 minutes before your appointment.
- To achieve the best & longer-lasting results, your hair should be at least 0.5cm or longer. If you have shaved the area within the last few weeks, it can take a couple of waxing sessions to bring your hair into a regular growth cycle (allowing for the most effective results – smooth and no hair!)
- Exfoliating before your appointment also helps you to achieve the most successful results.
After your wax:
- Immediately after your wax you may notice a bit of redness accompanied with heat on the area of the skin which was waxed. This usually disappears after a few hours.
- You want this area to remain as bacteria free as possible so avoid the following:
- Avoid hot showers for at least 24-48 hours.
- Avoid exercising or any activity that causes you to sweat for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid sunbathing for at least 12 hours.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, spa baths or saunas for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching the waxed area.
- Avoid any lotions, especially ones that contain fragrances and other lubricants as it can cause a burning sensation) for at least 24 hours.
A few days after your wax: (to prevent ingrown hairs) + it also makes your next wax quicker and less painful!
- Gently exfoliate using a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days.
- You can also use products like ‘Bump Eraiser’ to help with this process.
- Avoid shaving in between appointments.
Before your spray tan:
- Arrive with NO make-up and underarm deodorant on your skin.
- Shower & exfoliate well within 24-48 hours of your spray tan.
- Do not apply any moisturisers or fragrances after showering as these can form a barrier to the spray tan solution and will reduce the likeliness of an even spray tan.
- If you wax, make sure this is done at least 1-2 days before your tanning treatment (preferably 2 days).
- If you shave, make sure this is done 24 hours before your tanning treatment.
- Wear loose, dark clothes. This is to avoid your tan rubbing off onto your tight clothes, as your tan is still developing on your skin.
- Wear open-toed shoes/jandals.
After your spray tan:
- With ‘TechnoTan’ – wait 3 hours after your spray tan has been applied (unless otherwise indicated to leave on for a shorter or longer time). Do not leave on for any longer than
- Soap, shampoo and conditioners low in pH are ideal to conserve your tan. Avoiding sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) as this ingredient may remove the tan.
- Avoid any situation that is associated with water or sweat eg. no running or gym sessions until you have had your first initial shower.
- When you have your first initial shower, there will be a bronze colour that washes off your body. If you notice that your skin lightens during your first shower, don’t panic. This is just the bronzer washing away. The product will still develop on your skin over the next few hours.
How to extend the lifetime of your results:
- Moisturising will increase the longevity of the tan, and will help the tan to fade evenly to not become patchy.
- Avoid using abrasive skin washes/scrubs so that you do not strip away the tan.
ULTRA R.E.D is a corrective serum which is designed to deflect redness, hydrate and comfort the skin.
Designed for sensitive & redness-prone skin.
- Comforts stressed skin.
- Intensely hydrates.
- Reinforces the skin’s natural barrier.
- Combats responses to environmental triggers eg. Wind, heat, pollution or the use of harsh cosmetic products.
- Provides immediate cooling & comfort.
Hello! I am Larissa Drummond and I am a fully Qualified Beauty Therapist with over years experience in New Zealand.
Throughout my entire life, Mount Maunganui was my cherished hometown. However, in December 2022, I established a new residence in New Plymouth. Since my intermediate school days, I have harboured a profound passion for the beauty industry. From a young age, I developed a strong inclination for taking care of my health, well-being, and appearance.
My true journey into the world of beauty commenced when I confronted skin issues, particularly acne. I explored various avenues to address this concern, including hormonal treatments, Accutane, and naturopathy. Although I observed some degree of improvement through these methods, it wasn’t until I embraced the naturopathic approach that I experienced a substantial transformation, not only in my skin but in my overall well-being. This personal experience underscored the profound interconnection between gut health, lifestyle, and their impact on physical and mental health.
“I firmly believe that our external appearance profoundly influences our internal state. This belief is what fuels my passion for my profession. Having the privilege to enhance someone’s self-esteem and overall well-being brings me immense joy and satisfaction.”
- 2021 New Zealand Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Level 5)
- 2020 New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4)
Hello! I am Lala Shin and I am a fully Qualified Beauty Therapist with over 20 years experience both in New Zealand and Korea.
I moved from Korea to New Zealand two decades ago to explore Western beauty practices. Over the years, I’ve had the privilege of working at lovely Day Spas in both Korea and New Zealand. After completing my New Zealand Beauty Diploma, I began working in Queenstown. However, my heart was in New Plymouth, and I eventually returned, now considering it my hometown. After five years at a local salon, I decided to start my own business, which I’ve proudly owned for over 11 years.
“Everyday day I wake up excited to do what I love, and that’s making people feel their best. What motivates me and makes me deeply passionate about my work is the opportunity to make a positive impact on others’ lives. I find immense joy in providing guidance and support to my clients, sharing my knowledge to help them achieve the best possible results. It’s not just about beauty; it’s about boosting confidence and well-being. I am truly privileged to be a part of this journey with each person I serve, and their satisfaction and happiness fuel my love for what I do.”
- 2021 Skin Rejuvination
- 2020 Core Essentials IPL & Laser Educational Programme
- 2019 Core Knowledge: Laser User Training
- 2018 Light Based Hair Reduction Course
- 2018 Laser Safety Educational Course
- 2017 Advanced Skin Analysis – Pastiche
- 2011 Holistic Body Training (Hawaiian lomi lomi massage) Christchurch
- 2008 Thai massage certificate training – Ching mai, Thailand
- 2008 Thai herbal hot compress training – Chiang mai, Thailand
- 2006 CIDESCO Certificate in Beauty Therapy (International qualification, came top of my class)
- 2006 Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Western Institute of Technology- Tarananki, New Plymouth, New Zealand
- 1999 Certificate of Beauty Therapy, Geum Chon Women’s Vocational Education & Training Center Seoul YWCA, Korea
- 1999 Reflexology Master Approved Diploma, Korea Health Care Association Lee Youn Woo
- 1999 Sports Trainer Approved Diploma, Korea Health Care Association President Lee Youn Woo
Exclusive Offer for Blossom Beauty Clients!
At Blossom Beauty, we appreciate your loyalty, and we have a special offer just for you. Receive a complimentary Blossom Candle to share with a friend, family member, or workmate and help us spread the word about our business.
When you purchase a gift voucher, you’ll also receive a free Blossom Candle.
If you’re interested in acquiring more than 10 Blossom candles, they are available for purchase at $25 + GST per candle. We also offer the option to request special fragrances to suit your preferences. Thank you for being a part of the Blossom Beauty family!
Choose between relaxation, deep tissue massage or lomi lomi massage
30 mins $63
45 mins $85
60 mins $104
75 mins $125
90 mins $145
Hot stone massage
60 minutes $135
90 minutes $165
3 hours $285
Begins with an invigorating full body exfoliation and massage, followed by an express manicure or pedicure, and a deluxe facial which will leave you feeling totally pampered and relaxed from head to toe.
Spa Pick & Mix
90 minutes $145
Create your own personalised spa experience by choosing any 3 of the treatments below
> 30 Minutes Massage
> Sothys Mini Facial
> Mini Manicure
> Mini Pedicure
> Full Body Moisture Infusion
> Eyelash tint
> Young blood Mineral Makeup Application
Mini Chill Out Back & Face
60 minutes $119
A relaxing massage of the back, neck and shoulders to enable deep relaxation during a mini facial.